Monday, December 27, 2010

Royal Icing Snowflakes

Shelby has been designing her "my super sweet 9th" Birthday cake for a couple of weeks now. She wants a winter themed cake in shades of blue and white with snowflakes and snowmen. I don't think I have ever made royal icing in my life, but it was surprisingly simple and easy to work with. Would've been even easier if I had some wax paper and templates to cheat from!lol Anyway, here are the snowflakes...I think they turned out pretty good for my first time, and seeing as how they are all hand piped originals....now if they will just hold together long enough to put some bling on Shelby's cake. BTW~These need to be sprinkled with luster dust to make them shine....was going to add clear sprinkles, but was out of those too!LOL Shelby came to me as I was piping the snowflakes and said "mom, I THINK that is ENOUGH snowflakes"....you all know me~go big or don't go!!! xoxoxox




















1 comment: